New to the 2019 conference will be an exhibit featuring artistic works with the theme “Threads of Communication.”
Entries have closed, but plan to visit the exhibit!
Fiber artists may express an event, story, message, conversation through the use of fibers and are not restricted to a literal interpretation. An abstract approach may be leveraged.
The Fiber Arts Exhibit will be located within the Marketplace and on view for the duration of the 2019 MAFA Conference.
Notes to entrants
- Display of artwork: Please have your artwork ready for display / hanging when you submit your piece. This includes hooks, rods, framing and small easels.
- Dropping off your artwork: You may drop off your artwork during registration on Thursday, June 27, from 12 noon to 6 p.m.
- Picking up your artwork: Participants will pick up their artwork after the Open Studio event on Saturday, June 29th, 9:00-9:30 p.m. If you are unable to pick up your artwork, please pre-designate another person for this task and let me know beforehand. Wendy Roberts, email@example.com
Rules for entry
- There is no entry fee.
- Participants need not be a member of MAFA to submit an entry.
- Deadline to apply to participate in the Fiber Artist Exhibit is midnight, Sunday May 19, 2019.
- Submission form is available HERE.
Submission guidelines for artwork
- No art size to be larger than 24” x 30”.
- Artwork can be three dimensional.
- Media and techniques may include any medium and technique related to fiber arts, including but not restricted to, weaving, felting, spinning, dyeing, knitting, crochet, basketry, beading, stamping, painting, and stitching.
- Creation of the entry should be after May 2017, that is, within the previous two years of the 2019 Conference to be held on June 27 – 30, 2019.
- One (1) submission per each registered workshop attendee. A maximum of 25 pieces will be accepted for the show and displayed during the conference.
- Artwork executed under classroom/educational guidance or supervision is not eligible to be submitted.