New to the 2019 conference will be an exhibit featuring artistic works with the theme “Threads of Communication.”
Fiber artists may express an event, story, message, conversation through the use of fibers and are not restricted to a literal interpretation. An abstract approach may be leveraged.
The Fiber Arts Exhibit will be located within the Marketplace and on view for the duration of the 2019 MAFA Conference.
Rules for entry
- There is no entry fee.
- Participants need not be a member of MAFA to submit an entry.
- Deadline to apply to participate in the Fiber Artist Exhibit is Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
- Submission form is available HERE.
Submission guidelines for artwork
- No art size to be larger than 24” x 30”.
- Artwork can be three dimensional.
- Media and techniques may include any medium and technique related to fiber arts, including but not restricted to, weaving, felting, spinning, dyeing, knitting, crochet, basketry, beading, stamping, painting, and stitching.
- Creation of the entry should be after May 2017, that is, within the previous two years of the 2019 Conference to be held on June 27 – 30, 2019.
- One (1) submission per each registered workshop attendee. A maximum of 25 pieces will be accepted for the show and displayed during the conference.
- Artwork executed under classroom/educational guidance or supervision is not eligible to be submitted.