New to the 2019 conference will be a fiber artist exhibit with the theme “Threads of Communication.”
Fiber artists may express an event, story, message, conversation through the use of fibers. This is not restricted to a literal interpretation; an abstract approach may be leveraged.
- No art size to be larger than 24” x 30”.
- Artwork can be three dimensional.
- Media and techniques may include any medium and technique related to fiber arts, including but not restricted to, weaving, felting, spinning, dyeing, knitting, crochet, basketry, beading, stamping, painting, and stitching.
- Creation of the entry should be after May 2017, that is, within the previous two years of the 2019 Conference to be held on June 27 – 30, 2019.
- One (1) submission per person. A maximum of 25 pieces will be accepted for the show and displayed during the conference.
- Artwork executed under classroom/educational guidance or supervision is not eligible to be submitted.
- Participants do not need to be a member of MAFA to submit an entry.
- There is no entry fee.