Show off your weaving and towel making skills by having a good old-fashioned kitchen towel exchange. Everyone who participates takes home a new addition to brighten up their kitchen! During the conference, all towels submitted will be on display for all conference goers to enjoy. At the exchange event, every participant’s name will be in the “hat.” When it’s your turn to draw a name from the “hat,” you will take home the towel made by the person whose name you draw.
Rules for entry
- One entry per conference attendee. Entries must be submitted by midnight, June 22, 2019.
- Open to all levels of weavers, including instructors.
- Record keeping – Complete a project sheet to share (an electronic as well as paper/pencil version will be made available). If you use a pattern that is not your own original, be sure to cite the creator.
- Label your towel with your full name and the name of your guild. (Label slips will be available to complete and attach when you submit your towel at the beginning of the conference.
Submission guidelines for woven towels
- Finished size (When planning, be sure to allow for draw-in on the loom and shrinkage in the finishing process.
- Width–between 14 and 20 inches (This should accommodate those with smaller looms.)
- Length–between 20 and 30 inches after hemming
- Colors – Weaver’s choice.
- Weave structure – Weaver’s choice (does not need to be an original design).
- Fiber content – Cotton, cottolin, linen, or other.
- Hems – Weaver’s choice (fringed, hemstitched, turned hem, etc.).
Questions? Contact the Towel Exchange Coordinator at email@example.com