We are delighted to announce the Fiber Art Exhibit has been sponsored by Triangle Weavers Guild.
The year 2020 was challenging for many of us. The ongoing pandemic, school closures, lost jobs, social isolation, raging wildfires and hotly contested elections were stress and anxiety inducing. As we continue to face uncertain times the 2021 Conference will have a Virtual Fiber Art Exhibit with the theme “Escape”. We would like to see an expression in fiber of where you go or what you do to escape these difficult times. Entries need not be restricted to a literal interpretation of the theme but may be more abstract in their approach. A brief, introductory video of some of the Fiber Art submissions will be presented on the first day of the MAFA conference. A slideshow of all Fiber Art submissions will be available for viewing on a MAFA Conference webpage during and after the conference.
Entry Submission Requirements and Information:
Entries to the 2021 “Escape” Fiber Art Exhibit will open January 15, 2021 and must be completed online by midnight, May 15, 2021
- One entry per MAFA member or conference attendee may be submitted.
- Instructors may participate in the exhibit but are not eligible for awards.
- Artwork executed under classroom/educational guidance or supervision is not eligible to be submitted.
- All work must have been created by hand within the past 2 years (since the 2019 MAFA Conference).
- All applicable areas of the entry form must be filled in as completely as possible.
- At least two images must be included when submitting the entry form.
- This is a non-juried exhibit.
- There is no entry fee.
Information Requested on the Entry Form:
- Contact info
- Fibers and/or materials and techniques used
- Inspiration – describe what inspired you to create this item
Questions? Contact the Fiber Art Exhibit Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.