The purpose of this policy is to promote the safety of volunteers, instructors and students when using personal vehicles for MAFA business.
- All volunteers driving on MAFA business must maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance on all vehicles they drive. Insurance must meet their state’s minimum standards.
- The volunteer’s insurance serves as primary coverage with MAFA’s insurance being secondary.
- The personal vehicle used to transport instructors must be properly maintained and in good working condition.
- The driver and all passengers must wear seat belts at all times.
- Drivers shall obey all applicable traffic and parking regulations, ordinances, and laws.
- Drivers who incur parking or other fines while on MAFA business are personally responsible for payment of such fines.
- Drivers who are issued citations for any offense while driving on MAFA business must notify the president of MAFA at email@example.com immediately when practicable, but in no case later than 24 hours.
- A driver who is arrested for or charged with a motor vehicle offense for which the punishment includes suspension or revocation of the motor vehicle license while on MAFA business, must notify the president of MAFA at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately when practicable, but in no case later than 24 hours.
- Any driver who is involved in a motor vehicle accident while on MAFA business involving personal injury to any party shall notify the president of MAFA at email@example.com immediately. If the accident involves property damage only, the driver shall notify the president as soon as possible, but in no case later than 24 hours after the accident.
- The driver shall use hands-free equipment when it is necessary to talk on a mobile phone when driving. In no event shall the driver text message or operate any other electronic equipment while driving the vehicle. It is always preferred that the driver park the car in a safe location to receive or make mobile phone calls.
- No smoking in personal vehicles while transporting instructors.
- All volunteers requesting reimbursement for transport of instructors must submit the approved reimbursement form, reporting the date, miles driven, receipts for tolls and paid parking, and purpose of the transportation.