(503) Fabric Necklaces
Recycle clothing and fabric scraps to create one-of-a-kind necklaces. Students will design unique jewelry items that incorporate layers of fabric embellished with beads, buttons, and found objects. Combine completed pieces with chain or colorful cording and basic jewelry techniques to create wonderful fashion accessories.
Join the upcycle craze and let your creative spirit emerge. Open to all levels. Only a bit of manual dexterity is needed.
Maximum Class Size:
$10 covers basic jewelry findings (jump rings, eye pins, head pins, clasps), chain and cord, an assortment of threads (embroidery, silk, beading nylon, waxed linen), and polyester stuffing.
- Fabric scraps in an assortment of colors and weights; small prints, stripes or florals. This is good opportunity to use up small scraps anything from a 2″x2″ to a 6″x6″ piece. Fabrics may be cotton, linen, rayon or silk.
- Basic jewelry tools (if you do not have these the instructor will bring extra pairs to share).
- Wire cutters.
- Round nose pliers.
- Bent nose pliers.
- Flat nose pliers.
- Notebook and pen or pencil.
- Sewing needles.
- Sewing thread.
- Straight pins.
- Seed beads.
- An assortment of small to medium buttons.
- Ottlite or portable task lamp.