(401) FULL ~ Fun and Fabulous Felt Flowers
In this fun hands-on class, we will transform Merino wool roving/top into beautiful felt flowers using just our hands, imagination, and a little soap and water in a process called wet felting. You may choose to wear your felt flower(s) to adorn a coat or hat by placing them on a pinback/brooch, or even on a headband to wear on your next special outing.
Open to All
Maximum Class Size:
$20 covers shipping; 2 ounces of beautifully dyed variegated Merino wool tops/roving; Bubble wrap and plastic needed. Order a kit from Dawn at email@example.com. Deadline to order is June 10, 2021.
- 1-2 Towels.
- Kitchen sponge.
- Roll of bubble wrap with small bubbles (Minimum width of 12 inches x 4 ft. length (available at dollar stores for $1).
- Roll of thin painters drop cloth (available at dollar stores, too), any brand will do.
- Plant mister spray bottle, or a Ballbrause water sprinkler, to add water to wool.
- 1 – 2 oz Merino wool roving/top in color(s) of your choice. Please make sure that your wool is not Superwash as it will not felt.
- Beads, needle, thread (to bead center of flower, this can be done after our class).
- Scissors to cut plastic and felt.
- Soap (Dawn blue dish soap works well or your favorite felting soap).
- Plastic bowl or pail to hold soapy water.
- Access to sink with warm water.
- Table covered with plastic tablecloth (available at dollar store) to protect from moisture.
Prep: Have table or work surface covered with towel and one piece of bubble wrap (bubbles facing up) laid out over top of your towel, and your hot soapy water prepared so that we will be all set to begin the class together.
Note: A kit with wool roving, bubble wrap and plastic is available, or let Dawn know if you need help sourcing any of the above items