(214) Spinning Beehives and Lace, and Locks
Learn the basics of purposefully spinning tapered thick-and-thin singles.
Then learn the controlled plying technique to create a beehives and lace yarn.
• Spinning the single – Learn to control the size, shape and placement of thick to thin in a single
• Ply – thick & thin with beehive coils
Next we’ll spin with locks.
Though the class is primarily Demo/Lecture, students are encouraged to spin along with the instructor.
Maximum Class Size:
Students are encouraged to spin along with instructor, and will need:
- Combed top or roving for spinning the single
- Assorted thin yarns or strong thread to ply beehives
- Spinning wheel and several bobbins
- Lazy kate