The MAFA 2025 Conference will be held June 26 – 29, 2025, at Millersville University, Millersville, PA (between Harrisburg and Lancaster)
We are seeking proposals for hands-on workshops in weaving, spinning, dyeing, felting, sewing/pattern-drafting (especially with hand-made cloth), surface embellishment, braiding, knitting/crochet, and more.
All workshops will be single classes, 2 ½ days in length. Workshops will run all day Friday and Saturday, half-day on Sunday, and instructors will participate in a two-hour Open Studio one evening. Instructors will be paid a flat teaching fee, plus reasonable travel, and on-campus room and board.
- The proposal form will open November 6, 2023 and all proposals must be received by midnight Eastern March 1, 2024.
- All applicants will receive notification regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of their proposals by April 8, 2024.
- Instructors are welcome to submit multiple proposals, however you must submit a separate, complete form for each workshop proposed.
- Each workshop proposal must include all requested information (see list below.) For example, please do not say “see other proposal for info…”
- Proposals will not be considered complete without photos! Photos may be emailed to email@example.com if they are large and cannot be attached to the form.
- You must complete all required fields noted with (Required) or the form will not submit.
- If your internet connection or device does not allow use of the online form, an offline proposal form may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Travel: Travel arrangements must be approved in advance. If flying, we prefer you fly into Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) where we will have a shuttle to Millersville.
- Note to our international instructors – your participation in the conference may be contingent upon travel visa approval. Please check the requirements for your country of residence. Find info about the O-1 Visa requirements HERE.
For questions about the proposal process, please contact Chris Field-Funk, MAFA 2025 Education Coordinator, at email@example.com.Submit a MAFA 2025 Workshop Proposal
Workshop Proposal Information Includes:
- Instructor information: name, contact information, bio, and teaching experience.
- Workshop details: title and description of proposed workshop, category, required level of student expertise, minimum and maximum class size, and whether the class is a round robin.
- Virtual Classes: MAFA offers virtual programs in addition to the in-person conference. Please indicate if your workshop would lend itself to a virtual format.
- Equipment and tools required by students, materials instructor will provide, preparations required prior to workshop, materials fee and what it will cover.
- Facility requirements: room size, number of tables; audio/visual requirements; other space-related needs, e.g. electrical or ventilation, access to water, etc.
- Photographs: Instructor’s headshot, and at least one image illustrating what students will learn in the workshop.