What is MAFA Virtual?
- We will host virtual programs throughout the year, between our in-person conferences, as well as a “mini” virtual conference in July of conference years.
- We particularly want to find new and more diverse instructors and topics that don’t quite work in the in-person conference’s 2-1/2 day single-class intensive format.
- We will host one or two virtual classes per month, in weaving, spinning, dyeing, felting, surface design, and other fiber-related practices.
- We will use Lessonface, a company familiar with the fiber community and with a user-friendly interface, to manage registration and host the Zoom meetings and recordings.
- Programs may include lectures, classes, and workshops, which can range from talks with Q&A, to 2-hour demos or hands-on classes, up to multiple 2-hour sessions spread out over days or weeks for more complex topics.
- All classes will be recorded and available to registered students, usually for 30 days after class concludes.
How do I join MAFA?
If you are a member of a fiber arts guild in the Mid Atlantic region, check here to see if your guild is a MAFA member (which makes you a member). If not, or if you live out of the area, please consider joining MAFA as an Associate member here.
More About the Classes
- Click the class links on Lessonface to see complete details for each class, and feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com.
- All class times will be in Eastern time.
- Student attendance will all be online. Students can connect to the online classes using most any tablet or computer with reliable internet.
- Most of the classes will be recorded (unless we have unexpected technical difficulties). Recordings will be available for access by enrolled students for 30 days following the live class.
- Email will be used to communicate class links, cancellations, changes, etc. If your email address changes, you are responsible for notifying Lessonface and MAFA of that change. MAFA WILL NOT be held responsible for incorrect email addresses.
- Remember to check your spam folder if you don’t receive confirmation of your class.
- Check your Lessonface Dashboard and the MAFA website for updates.
- Contact Lessonface at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact MAFA at email@example.com.
Online Registration Information
- All MAFA Virtual registrations will be online at Lessonface.com/MAFA.
- Payment will be made at the time of registration using credit card or PayPal.
- Registration for each class will usually remain open until the night before a class is scheduled (unless the instructor requests an earlier cutoff), or the class is filled, whichever comes first.
- If a class is full, you may join the waitlist.
Cancellation and Refund Policy: After confirming your acceptance into a class there is a limited refund policy. If you cancel:
- At least 5 days before the class start date, 95% of your class fee will be refunded;
- Within five days of the class start date, no refunds will be issued.
- If a class must be canceled by MAFA due to unforeseen circumstances, we will notify you as soon as possible by email, and a full refund for the class will be given.
- You may request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the email of the account registered, and class details.
When and how will I get pre-class instructions and supply lists?
- Supplies, materials, and equipment will be the responsibility of the student, and that information will be posted on the class description page.
- If a class has a materials kit or paid handout available, it will be purchased directly from the instructor. See the class descriptions for details.
- Handouts included in the class fee will be posted on the class page in your Dashboard, or emailed to students.
How will I access my classes?
Classes will be accessed through the Lessonface Dashboard. Sign in to your account to see your classes. You will also receive an email with a direct Zoom link to the class.
I have a question about a class, how do I contact the instructor?
Click Send a Message on the instructor bio page, or email MAFA at email@example.com and we will forward your message to the instructor.
All MAFA Virtual classes and events will be recorded. If you do not want your image or video to be recorded, please be sure your video is off in interactive sessions.