MAFA Update August 2022
MAFA Movie Nights, MAFA 2023, and more!
MAFA MOVIE NIGHTS start Wednesday September 14, at 7 p.m. Eastern, and will continue every month on second Wednesdays. We’ll send a reminder email with each month’s video info and a Zoom link. We hope you’ll enjoy watching and discussing fiber arts films with fellow MAFA members from across the MidAtlantic region!
LEARN ALL ABOUT MAFA MOVIE NIGHTS HERE. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MAFA VIRTUAL: Our inaugural online classes with John Marshall and Molly Elkind have sold out! Check the MAFA Lessonface page as we continue to add more free lectures and classes, and be sure to sign up early. Upcoming events include:
- October 25: FREE LECTURE – Shave ‘Em to Save ‘Em with Cindra Kersher from the Livestock Conservancy.
- November 19: Class – Inspirational Fiber Blending with Dia Robinson. Space is limited – enroll now!
- November 22: FREE LECTURE – Weaving Connections Worldwide with WARP with Kelsey Wischircher, Executive Director.
- December 7: Class – Beginning Doubleweave with Leslie Fesperman of the Yadkin Valley Fiber Center. Enrollment opens August 29.
- December 10: Class – Weave a Small Tubular Bag with Leslie Fesperman. Enrollment opens August 22.
- January 14 & 15: Class – Weave a Doubleweave Jacket with Leslie Fesperman. Enrollment opens early-September.
- January 17: LECTURE/DEMO – Fiberworks – The Advantage of Using Software to Create Your Weaving Drafts with Maryse Giroux of Sequin Looms. Enrollment opens August 29.
- January 24: FREE LECTURE – Fiber From The Ground Up with Anne Choi from Middle Brook Farm.
- January 28, February 4, 11 & 18: Class – Secrets of Shibori – Stitches & Knots with David Heustess. Space is limited – enroll now!
- March 25 & 26: Class – Jogakbo The Art of Wishing Happiness with Youngmin Lee. Enrollment opens August 29.
MAFA 2023 CONFERENCE June 22-25, 2023 at Millersville University, Millersville, PA:
We are pleased to announce that our biennial Conference returns to Millersville University next June. Workshops and Instructors will be announced early-September, and our full brochure will be out early-October. We have 42 wonderful workshops planned for next year with: weaving, spinning, dyeing, felting, and other workshops ranging from baskets to stitching to braiding.