The MAFA Conference is an all-volunteer effort, with many opportunities to get involved both before and at the conference.
At the Conference
Signups to volunteer at the conference are now open on SignUp Genius!
Volunteer positions include: setup helpers at various events, exhibit monitors, classroom building coordinators, and building guides (NO unloading this year, we’re hiring helpers!). If you plan to arrive on Wednesday afternoon, we’ll be able to use your help, and there is an option to stay over Wednesday night.
Volunteering at the conference is a great way to get to know your fellow fiber artists and to be a part of the weekend. Look at the list below and start thinking of how YOU can become part of the 2023 Conference and make it the best one yet!
- Classroom Assistants – Each instructor will have a classroom aide to assist during the workshop by collecting fees, locating supplies, rearranging tables or generally helping to make the class run smoothly. This is a great way to get to know your instructor!
- Registration Assistants – Meet everyone at the conference! Working in shifts, these volunteers will help to welcome participants as they sign in to the conference and to distribute registration packets and goody bags.
- Vendor Setup and Marketplace Monitors – Help set up the vendor area on Wednesday afternoon, help vendors unload and set up their booths on Thursday morning, and be available in the vendor hall to give the vendors a chance to shop or to grab a bite to eat.
- Exhibit Setup and Monitors – Help collect exhibit items and set up the exhibits. Volunteers are needed for each shift to keep an eye on displayed items and to Sign-up with a friend or get to know someone new.
- Exhibit Display Equipment – If you have gridwall sections or mannequins, we would love to borrow them for the Fashion Exhibit. Please email the Fashion Show Coordinator at email@example.com.
- Instructor Setup Assistants – Welcome instructors to the conference, help them find classrooms, deliver their supplies to their class, and set up the classroom.
- Workshop Building Guides – Help students find their classrooms and deliver supplies to their class. Participants really appreciate this assistance!
- Info/Help Desk – If you’ve been to a MAFA conference and Millersville before, help us at the Info/Help Desk when the Marketplace is open.
- Photographers – Bring your camera to take digital photos of participants in action and the beautiful works they create. Several photographers working together will be able to cover most workshops and events.
- And much more!
Before the Conference
Volunteers start working soon after each conference ends and in the two years leading up to each MAFA Conference. Our heartfelt thanks to the MAFA Conference Committee–a group of volunteers spread throughout the Mid-Atlantic region give their time and energy to make our Conferences a success. For more information or to discuss ways to help the Conference Committee start planning the next conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
Thanks in advance to everyone for your help!