View or download the 2023 Fiber Art Exhibit eBook HERE.
Our thanks to Central Virginia Fiberarts Guild for their support of the Fiber Art Exhibit.
Returning to the 2023 conference will be a Fiber Art Exhibit featuring non-wearable, artistic works with the theme Hands On: The Art of Making. Fiber artists, including conference attendees, and MAFA members who are unable to attend in-person, may express an event, story, message, or conversation through the use of fibers and are not restricted to a literal interpretation.
The year 2022 was a year of hope for many of us. The pandemic seemed to be passing although some of us were still getting sick. Fortunately, due to vaccines and overall healthy precautions, we do feel that we made it through the hard times. This year’s MAFA Art Exhibit, “The Art of Making” celebrates all that we do. The title of the art exhibit is expansive to initiate a broad range of artist interpretation and expression. So, be creative!!!!!
The Fiber Art Exhibit will be located the Marketplace exhibits area, and on view Friday and Saturday. New for 2023 we will also record a virtual tour of the exhibit for those not at the conference. At the end of July, we will post an eBook of all exhibit items on this page.
Information for Fiber Art Exhibitors:
- Display of artwork: Please have your artwork ready for display / hanging when you submit your piece. This includes hooks, rods, framing and small easels.
- Dropping off your fiber art submission – In-person Attendees: You may drop off your artwork during registration on Thursday, June 22nd, from 12 noon to 6 p.m. at the designated table near Registration.
- Shipping your fiber art submission – Remote Participants: Once accepted to the exhibit, the Fiber Art Exhibit Coordinator will provide shipping information.
- Picking up your artwork – In-person Attendees: Participants will pick up their artwork after the Open Studio event on Saturday, June 24th, 9:00-9:30 p.m. If you are unable to pick up your piece, please designate another person for this task and let us know in advance at email@example.com.
- Returning your artwork – Remote Participants: Work that was shipped to us will be shipped back to you.
Questions? Check out the FAQs below, or contact the Fiber Art Exhibit Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fiber Art Exhibit FAQs
How does this exhibit differ from the Fashion Exhibit?
This exhibit is open to fiber artists working in any fiber media and not restricted to garments and accessories. Entries can express an event, story, message, conversation through the use of fibers. This is not restricted to a literal interpretation; an abstract approach may be leveraged.
Where can I find the exhibit rules and entry form?
Click here for exhibit rules, guidelines, and entry form.
Will any of the Fiber Art Exhibit items be for sale?
The Fiber Arts Exhibit is not geared to sales. However, interested attendees are encouraged to contact the artist directly.
Can instructors submit entries to the Fiber Art Exhibit?
Yes. Instructors may participate in the exhibit but are not eligible for prizes awarded.
What if I will be unable to pick up my fiber art item at the scheduled time? Will someone else be allowed to pick up my piece?
Entrants unable to pick up their entries must make arrangements for pickup by a designated person and provide that person’s name to the Fiber Art contact when the item is delivered to the Fiber Art Exhibit.