Fiber Art Exhibit Entry Rules, Requirements and Information:
MAFA conference attendees and members are invited to submit non-wearable, artistic works with the theme Hands On: The Art of Making. Fiber artists may express an event, story, message, or conversation through the use of fibers and are not restricted to a literal interpretation. An abstract approach may be leveraged.
Entries to the 2023 Fiber Art Exhibit will open February 15, 2023 and must be completed online by midnight, May 22, 2023.
2023 Rules for Fiber Art Entries:
- One entry per MAFA member or conference attendee may be submitted.
- Instructors may participate in the exhibit but are not eligible for the People’s Choice awards.
- Artwork executed under classroom/educational guidance or supervision is not eligible to be submitted.
- All work must have been created by hand within the past 2 years (since the 2021 MAFA Conference).
- Artwork submitted must be ready to hang or display.
- All applicable areas of the entry form must be filled in as completely as possible.
- At least three images (one detail image) must be included or emailed when submitting the entry form.
- There is no entry fee.
- Though this is a non-juried exhibit, a maximum of 25 pieces will be accepted for the show and displayed during the conference.
- Entries must be made using the online form below.
- Deadline for entries to the Fiber Art Exhibit is May 22, 2023.
Information Requested on the Entry Form:
- Contact info
- Fibers and/or materials and techniques used
- Inspiration – describe what inspired you to create this item
Submission guidelines for Fiber Art Entries
- No art size to be larger than 24” x 30”.
- Artwork can be three dimensional.
- Media and techniques may include any medium and technique related to fiber arts, including but not restricted to, weaving, felting, spinning, dyeing, knitting, crochet, basketry, beading, stamping, painting, and stitching.
- Artwork need not be completely finished for entry submission, but must be completed by the start of the conference. If currently in progress, reasonably accurate photo representations must be included with application.
- In addition to name of entry, type of item, fiber, and technique, submissions require a short description (up to 250 words) describing the source of inspiration for creation.
- At least three digital images must accompany submissions. At least one image should be a detail of the piece.
- Image specifications are: maximum image size 8MB each; acceptable file formats: jpg, jpeg, or png.
- Each digital image file must be labeled in the format: last name-entry name-photo view, e.g. smith-tapestry-front.jpg or jones-tapestry-detail.jpg.
- If you are not able to upload photos from your device, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email the Fiber Art Exhibit Coordinator at email@example.com.
2023 Fiber Art Exhibit Entry Form
The Fiber Art Exhibit entry form closed at midnight May 22, 2023.