Join us for the first MAFA “Mini” Virtual Conference – July 8 & 9, 2023!
Registration opens April 1, 2023 at 9 a.m. EDT.
Find MAFA 2023 Mini Registration details and FAQs HERE.
CLICK HERE to download the the brochure and full schedule.
Find class details on Lessonface HERE.
MAFA is trying something new this conference year. After the great response to the 2021 virtual conference as well as our ongoing virtual classes and lectures, and since we know not everyone can attend the in-person conference in June, we have planned a two-day virtual event for July.
With two full days of virtual classes, lectures, and other events, we think there will be something for everyone.
- Three dozen virtual classes – some hands-on, some lecture/demos.
- Sign up for as many or as few classes as you like. Classes will be recorded and available to watch for 30 days after the Mini. So, you don’t need to worry about classes overlapping!
- Our lunchtime lecture on Saturday, July 8th will be with Dawn Hoeg of Stitch Buffalo. Hear the story of what led her to begin working with refugee women artisans in her community, and how that experiment in community building through simple hand embroidery gradually transformed into a diverse and thriving textile arts center.
- Join us on Sunday, July 9th for our lecture with Jane Dunnewold – Living with the Paradoxes of Creative Community. MAFA 2021 attendees will remember her moving talk at the virtual conference. We’re delighted to check in with her two years later as we have all found new ways to build community and be creative.
- Informal morning coffees.
- Yoga for Crafters with Gigi Matthews.
- Saturday Fiber Trivia Night with Jen Weber.
- Closing Session with Show & Tell.
Registration will open April 1, 2023, at 9 a.m. (EDT). At that time the Enroll buttons will go live on each class page.
- Enroll in the Conference Pass for only $10 for access to all non-class events: morning coffees, lunchtime lectures, fiber trivia, yoga, show & tell.
- Class fees will be $35 for 2-hour sessions, and $50 for 3-hour sessions.
- Classes will run 10 a.m. to Noon and 2 – 4 p.m. or 2 – 5 p.m. (EDT) on Saturday and Sunday.
- Sign up for as many or as few classes as you like. Classes and lectures will be recorded and available to watch on Lessonface for 30 days.
- Find our virtual FAQs and cancellation policy here: mafafiber.org/virtual/faq.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
See you at the Mini!
MAFA Virtual Committee