Directions and Important Info for MAFA 2023
- If you have questions after reading through the FAQ’s and links, email the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or once we arrive at the conference, text the MAFA Hotline at 833-235-9921. We will not be able to answer calls, but if you text your issue and phone number we will call you back between 7 am and 10 pm. Please remember we are volunteers and may be setting up or in workshops ourselves, so give us time to get back to you.
- Packing List / What To Bring – click here.
- Weather – Find the Millersville weather forecast HERE.
- Directions to Millersville University (MU) – click here.
- Millersville University campus map – click here.
- Parking – No parking passes will be needed to park on campus in campus lots after Noon on Wednesday.
- Where to Check in, what to bring, and much more in the Housing and Dining FAQs. Click here.
- Wednesday Arrivals – look for an email before the conference with dorm check-in information. You will still need to register on Thursday after Noon.
- Late Arrivals – If an unexpected delay causes you to miss registration on Thursday, please email the Registrar for instructions.
- Commuters Arriving on Friday – The registrar will be curbside in front of the SMC Bookstore (21 S George St, Millersville, PA), Friday, June 23, 7:45 – 8:45am. Drive by or walk up to check in and pick up your registration materials.
- Electric Vehicle charging info, scroll down on MU’s page here for a link to the charging station map.
- Workshop Locations – will be in your conference tote, and we will post a downloadable handout at conference time.
- Schedule for MAFA’s 2023 Hands On! conference is here.
- Activities Open to Day-trippers and the public, click here.
- WiFi Instructions – There are two networks – one for the dorms and one for the rest of campus. Download the WiFi instructions here.
- Vendor Hall. Plan your shopping visits, as well as fiber-related activities using the Marketplace map, available here.
- Dining Hall Elevator Access – MU has assured us the elevator to the upper level dining hall will be unlocked for those who need elevator access.
- Box Lunch Pick Up – Plan to pick up your box lunch after Sunday Breakfast, 7:45 – 8:45 am, in the first floor lobby of the dining hall.
- Need help? or to Report a Problem? Two options: 1) Ask a MAFA Committee Member with a red badge holder, or 2) Text the hotline: 833-235-9921. We will not be able to answer calls, but if you text your issue and phone number we will call you back between 7 am and 10 pm. Please remember we are volunteers and may be setting up or in workshops ourselves, so give us time to get back to you.
- If you have problems with your dorm room, your first stop should be the check-in desk in the first floor lobby to alert Millersville University. If you can’t reach someone there, text the hotline.
Can you help at the conference?
As an all-volunteer organization, MAFA relies on conference attendees to help make the event run smoothly. Can you help? Volunteer on our Signup Genius page here.
- June 21: Deadline to enter the craft school tuition drawings. Enter here.