The MAFA 2023 Conference will be held June 22 – 25, 2023, at Millersville University, Millersville, Pennsylvania (between Harrisburg and Lancaster).
We are seeking proposals for workshops in weaving, spinning, dyeing, felting, sewing/pattern-drafting (especially with hand-made cloth), surface embellishment, braiding, knitting/crochet, and more.
All workshops will be single classes, 2 ½ days in length. Workshops will run all day Friday and Saturday, half-day on Sunday, and instructors will participate in a two-hour Open Studio one evening. Instructors will be paid a flat teaching fee, plus reasonable travel, and on-campus room and board.
- Prospective instructors are welcome to submit multiple proposals using this online form.
- You must submit a separate, complete form for each workshop you are proposing.
- Each workshop proposal must include all requested information. For example, please do not say “see other proposal for info…”
- Proposals will not be considered complete without photos! Photos may be emailed to email@example.com if they are large and cannot be attached to the form.
- You must complete all required fields (*) or the form will not submit.
- If your internet connection or device does not allow use of the online form, an offline proposal form may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposals must be received by midnight Eastern March 1, 2022.
- All applicants will receive notification regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of their proposals by March 31, 2022.
- Note to our international instructors – your participation in the conference may be contingent upon travel visa approval. Please check the requirements for your country of residence. Find info about the O-1 Visa requirements HERE.
For questions about the proposal process, please contact Chris Field-Funk, MAFA 2023 Education Coordinator, at email@example.com.Submit a MAFA 2023 Workshop Proposal